Who we are ?
The Institute of Design Expression, Art and Learning (IDEAL), was set up in 2003, by The Foundation of Art and Craft Expression (FACE) a charitable trust registered in Ahmedabad under the Bombay Trusts Act.
IDEAL was set up under the leadership of Asha Mandapa, Affiliate member of the Stained Glass Association of America and, a renowned artist, with vast experience in the medium of glass / wood/fabric/metal/fine art. Her work is located all around the world, in offices, homes, hotels, hospitals, Temples, corporate houses etc.
Reflections ,the studio headed by her, and which has executed projects and sites in India and abroad, is now twenty years old .
IDEAL is governed by a council of eminent members excelling in the field of art, academics, administration, and entrepreneurship.
Click here to view our Governing Council
- IDEAL provides specialization in areas which have been less explored by other institutions in Ahmedabad.
- The programs designed and offered by it are unique, innovative in approach, and fill the existing gaps in design education in the medium of glass and wood in India.
- It is the only institute of its kind in the country which provides a sound structural and practical knowledge in these media.
- Besides being a solo performer in glass and wood the Institute provides training in fabrics, metal, clay, and canvas, digital arts and graphic design.
- IDEAL offers an unbeatable mix of theory and practical work in these media.